Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Happy Father's Day


We celebrated Father's Day with the kids, grandkids, Marisa's parents, Jack and Millie, and Scott's parents, John and Sandi.  We had a cookout and then spent the afternoon in the backyard and in the pool.  We had a great time...it's always good to be with family on special days and the Dads that were at my house that day were the best.  I will always miss my Dad - he was special and always showed me kindness, love, acceptance and worked hard for his family. Even though he was not there physically - he will always be in my heart.

I posted several of the pool pictures of my "little pumpkins" - they are the highlight of my life.

This is me and Jennifer with Karley, Ben, Erin and Anna Kate.  This was after lunch and before all the Dads and the rest of the kids jumped in......

Erin is like Lauren...the kids all want to play with her.  Karley and Anna Kate would either be on top of her or fighting over who got to swim with Erin.  Anna Kate got her to come to her house that evening and stay all night with her.  She thought she was the "deal" then.

Colton and Daddy got in the pool.  Colton liked the water but didn't last as long as the older kids.

Karley would not get near the pool last year but this year she was ready to go.  She used the waterwings and would holler "I swimmin' , I swimmin' , See me - I swimmin"  She was in the pool for a long time and was getting so tired but when we took her out she cried and wanted to swim more.

Anna Kate is learning to swim this year.  The only problem is she does not like water in her face.  This may prove to be a little problem - someone made the remark it reminded them of me....I can't help it if I can "swim" all day without getting my hair wet.

Ben will swim all day...he never wants to quit.  He is learning how with his waterwings.

Justin loves the water and he, Taylor and Erin always have a blast swimming.  The three of them can make the water go everywhere - they can really stir the water.

Erin will swim even when the water is so cool it takes your breath.  She doesn't care though - she just loves the water.

Taylor never gets tired of being in the water.  Gary always calls Taylor and Erin his little waterdogs.

1 comment:

Sharlene and Greg said...

The pool definitely looks refreshing. I think you got some great pictures of Erin at her game - especially the one where she is looking up at the sky before it rained. Good job!